Everyone likes trivia! At the Jobboard Finder, we like to share our knowledge on recruiting, job boards and other international work-related facts! That’s why we started the #QuestionoftheDay in September this year. 2018 might be coming to a close but the facts aren’t! For those of you who missed the questions of the day on Twitter, we have the full list! In 2019, look out for more questions by following us on Twitter.
Without further ado, in no particular order, here they are:
- When was Glassdoor launched in France? In 2014. We even wrote about it.
- What does the job board Yuvajobs specialize in? Graduate and student jobs. Found out more in our interview with Guarav Jain, the founder and CEO of the site.
- Which one came first: No Fluff Jobs or Absolvent? Absolvent.
- Name two of the top job boards in Nepal: Merojob and Ramrojob. If you’re recruiting in Nepal, then this article could also help.
- What was the first company to recruit with CV-library? The BBC.
- What is the Russian equivalent of Facebook? Vkontakte.
- Which country created Buscojobs? Uruguay also created Gallito! Read more about it here.
- When was the Nepalese Constitution written? In 2015.
- Which job board recently closed two of their websites? We wrote about the sad news in August.
- Which job board inspired the design for Leboncoin? Blocket.
- What kind of jobs can you find on Do-it.org? Volunteer jobs! The New Year is the perfect time to look into volunteer work so here’s some more information.
- What is the Gallito Luis job board mascot? A chicken.
- When was Monster sold to Randstad? In 2016.
- Which media company owns Goldenline and Grazeta Praca? Agora.
- Which classified job board is number one in India and Poland? Olx.
- How did Jobberman improve job seeking in Ghana? They made it free and easier to browse jobs. We wrote about it here.
- Name networking app that came out in 2015. Let’s Meet. We wrote about that one before Shapr, but it would seem the success was short-lived.
- Which was the first company to work with Jobstreet? Intel.
- Which job board owns Jobstreet? Seek.
- What does Mustakbil mean in Urdu? It means future.
- What is the nationality of the founder of Europe Language Jobs? Spanish!
- Where are the Trovit headquaters? In Spain.
- Who owns InfoJobs.it? Schibsted.
- Which French job board owns Jobijoba? That’s the new name for RegionsJobs. If you missed that info this year, don’t worry! We have everything you need to know right here.
- Who owns the job board Trovolavoro? RCS Media Group.
- Who founded Indeed? Paul Forster and Rony Kahan.
- Who owns Computrabajo and BestJobs? Red Arbor.
- How much of REED belongs to Reed Fundation? 18%.
- Who created Naukri? Sanjeev Bikhchandani.
- Name two job boards with a white “j” on a dark blue background for their logo. MeinJob.at and Jobstreet.
- What is the leading classifeds job board in Hungary? Jofogas.
- In which countries does Profesia operate? Slovakia, Czech Republic and Hungary.
- For which country was the “Come Home Phô Good” campaign launched? Vietnam.
- Which job board was recently redesigned by Agima? Rabota.ru.
- Which job board had a Halloween themed survey on the worst bosses? Monster France.
- What is the biggest classifieds website in Saudi Arabia? Dubizzle.
- Which job board considers itself the “shopping center” of jobs? Bayt.
- Which French job board offers student theses and doctorats? The site is going to be redesigned very soon so the team is not accepting any new theses unfortunately.
- What is the leading job board in Egypt? Wuzzuf.
- What is the #millionpoundjamie initiative? A campaign by TotalJobs to get Jamie Mudle a job (and it worked).
- How have the job vacancies evolved in Australia over the last four years? According to the Australian Bureau of Statstics, job vacancies are up, and unemployment is down. Read more about it here.
- When was MisterBilingue created? In 2016. We were lucky enough to interview the team this year.
- When did Axel Springer purchase SaonGroup, the creator of IrishJobs and Pnet? In November 2013.
- What is the most popular job board in South Africa? They were kind enough to accept an interview in 2015.
- Which job board has its own meeting place for its users?Jofogas.
- What’s the leading job board in Denmark? JobNet is the leading job board but Jobindex is a close second.
- What’s the leading job board in Burma? JobNet (a different one to the Danish site of course).
- Name some of NicheJob.co.uk’s job boards. We have Healthcarejobs.ie, Healthjobs.co.uk Socialcare.co.uk and Nurses.co.uk.
- When was Jobware created? In 1996. We interviewed them in 2016.
- What was the original name of Guru? eMoonlighter.
- Can you post job offers for free on Snagajob? Yes!
- Why is 51jobs called 51 jobs? That’s because 51 sounds like I want in Mandarin.
- Which two websites have two red lines as a small window logo? MisterBilingue and RuleRecruitment.
- What was the original name of the Jumia Jobs job board? It was Everjobs.
- What was the first job board in Ethiopia? EthioJobs of course! Back in 2004.
- Which job board features the Skanderberg monument on its homepage? DuaPune.
- What was the original meaning of the name “hipo” for the Romanian job board hipo.ro? It means High Potential.
- The founder of which job board has a first name that means “hug” in French? Calin Fusu, founder of BestJobs.
- Which job board recently changed its logo to a fish?am in Armenia.
- What does Zaplata mean in Bulgarian? It means income or wages.
- Who founded the leading job board in Israel? AllJobs was founded Revital Hendler.
- Which country is home to the most beekeepers per 1 000 people? In 2019, we have a great article coming out on how to recruit in the Central European country.
- Name an Australian job board with a career quiz. CareCareers.
- Which country is the country of the year 2018 according to the Economist? Armenia!
With all of these fun recruitment facts under your belt, you’re sure to enter 2019 smarter than you were in 2018. Happy New Year everyone!
If you have any suggestions for our blog, we would love to hear them! Just leave a comment below to contact us, or send us an e-mail.
Author: Ali Neill
As the job board tester and blog editor for the Jobboard Finder, Ali works on job boards from all around the world and keeps a close eye on the recruitment trends thanks to a number of sources, including the website’s social media pages.
« A Neuvoo Look at the Labour Market
10 Skills to Include on a Graduate Resume »