stellenanzeigen.de is one of our 874 job board partners at Jobboard Finder and we recently had the chance to interview Peter Langbauer, CEO of stellenanzeigen.de.
stellenanzeigen.de was founded in 1995 and was one of the first online generalist job boards in Germany. Today, stellenanzeigen.de is one of the most visited job sites within the country with more than 2.5 million visits per month and more than 700,000 registered users. The website stands for 20 years of innovation in the German online recruiting business.
- What are the specific features of your job search engine that make it so different from your national competitors and why?
Many features make stellenanzeigen.de different from other job boards on the market. As the first „Big Player” among the job boards in Germany, stellenanzeigen.de has consequently extended the responsive design approach to its entire range. stellenanzeigen.de offers also targeted services such as Service Plus enabling customers to benefit from personal advice and individual service, including a quality check. stellenanzeigen.de has always believed in innovation that is why stellenanzeigen has created SmartReach 2.0 the intelligent reach optimization ensuring that job ads reach millions of jobseekers and create qualified response. Furthermore, stellenanzeigen.de has for many years developed a strong media network with a lot of publishing partners and houses with a wide-ranging print output. We have also sustainable partnerships in the online job market for a long time.
- stellenanzeigen.de has an academy and offers webinars; can you tell us more about it? What are the benefits of such a platform for job seekers, employers and recruiters?
Webinars, White Papers and studies help stellenanzeigen.de to expand its role as the partner for job search in the German market. Both candidates and HR experts profit from a wide variety of topics in our webinar series. Webinars are free to access and hosted by HR professionals such as HR consultants or even CEOs. We organize about 1 webinar per month on different subjects like for example the salary negotiation or the conflict management.
- Innovation is at the core of your company. What are some of your best innovations since the company was founded? How do you get your employees to innovate on a daily basis?
Indeed, innovation is the engine of our company. We have been innovated for more than 20 years and will still do in the future. Some of your best innovations are:
- stellenanzeigen.de is the first job board in Germany which presents both the platform and job ads in responsive design (2014).
- stellenanzeigen.de developed SmartReach 2.0 – the intelligent reach optimization for Job Ads (2013).
- stellenanzeigen.de introduces quality management to increase the quality of the online job ads, thereby increasing the return on matching candidates (2012).
- stellenanzeigen.de is the first platform with specific target group channels (2004).
Our employees get involved with a lot of passion in many different positions. Each individual makes his valuable contribution to our growth and our success. That is why we want to create a working environment that motivates our colleagues to the best services. We offer flat hierarchies and short decision-making paths, plenty of room for ideas and creativity, small teams closely monitored by the team leader, intensive training and coaching, and also corporate activities such as yoga, corporate run, summer party, kick-off…
- Stellenanzeigen has received a number of awards and distinctions since its foundation. What was the most significant to you ?
We are actually proud of each single award in each category we got over the past 20 years. stellenanzeigen.de has recently been awarded “TOP Karriere-Portal 2015” by the magazine Focus in a special edition Salary & Career 2015 (Mai/June). Furthermore the jointly developed “Vine”-job advertisement of stellenanzeigen.de and Voith has been awarded with the HR Excellence Award in the category “companies’ job advertisement”. In 2014 stellenanzeigen.de was voted 2nd place at in the category “Best Career Website” among the German job boards by OnlineStar and was awarded as the best job search website among generalist job sites by the “Deutschland Test” from Focus Money.
- How is the German e-recruitment market doing today? Have you noticed any trends in the Germany and/or in the global market?
The German e-recruitment market is highly competitive – it’s a battle for delivering the most and best suited candidates at the lowest possible price. It is a market clearly dominated by online job boards, because of their long-term expertise in targeting qualified candidates – much more efficiently than any other mass media ever could. While Social Media Recruiting and Active Sourcing generated some buzz over the last years, they are far away from being more than a complementary candidate source. The e-recruitment market will continue to grow, and job boards will shift their “shotgun”-approach to more and more sophisticated targeting – keeping in mind the massively changing media consumption habits and new hardware devices.
- What are the next steps and projects for stellenanzeigen.de?
stellenanzeigen.de will keep what it does the best that is to say keep on innovating. We will permanently work on technology, new products and new solutions. We are also willing to offer additional content for job seekers, employers and recruiters in order to expand the top position as the partner for job ads in the German market.
Author: Kelly Desormes
« Interview with Jobindex, a major player in the Danish market