Discover EvenbreakJobboard score : 4.7 / 10
Specialist job board / National
Foundation : 2011
Nb of employees : 5-9
National jobboard : United Kingdom
Site Languages : English
Speciality : Disabled, handicap
Evenbreak is a not-for-profit specialist online job board run by disabled people for disabled people. We have three aims:
- To help inclusive employers attract more talented disabled candidates
- To help disabled jobseekers find work with employers who will value their skills
- To promote the businss benefits of employing disabled people
Jobboard Finder’s opinion
Summary: Founded in 2011 by Jane Hatton, Evenbreak focuses on employment for people with disabilities. Jane has also written a number of books on disability (which you can order through the website). The team keep their followers on Twitter (1 811) and Facebook (657) updated about new job offers and articles on their website. The entire team is made up of disabled workers, each with a different handicap, which makes them particularly aware of the various challenges disabled jobseekers face. Unfortunately, SimilarWeb isn’t able to measure the visibility, but as one of the only disability job boards in the UK, it is definitely useful to know about it.
Design: The slightly outdated layout is essentially designed for simple navigation. For that reason, the homepage is not overcrowded with information. Some brands are featured at the top of the page (all of which are hiring) but there is no search engine. Instead, you select “candidate” or “employer” to access relevant pages. Jobseekers can sign up, browse job offers or use the resources (helpful videos). Recruiters also have resources and the possibility to post vacancies. In the job listing, filters (job title, company name, location, contract type and industry) appear on the side. The job offers are clear and all include salary information, but there are no company logos. Useful information appears above the job description when you open an offer.
The job board objective: Created by disabled workers for disabled workers, Evenbreak promotes equal opportunities and cuts the handicap a break by helping them connect with recruiters.
Recruiter observations: The prices are on the website but to advertise, recruiters must first contact the team.
Jobseeker observations: It’s easy to create an account and no intrusive information is required (such as your disability). To apply to job offers, simply follow the links at the bottom of the job offers.
The job offers: There are about 471 job offers on the website at the moment.
Special features: The blog (with different sections); events (the most recent was in 2015); the graduate and intern programmes; the employee page (which explains each team member’s disability); the testimonials; the e-books; the videos; the resources; job alerts.
Verdict: It’s not the most attractive website and scrolling down to update the filters can be a pain for someone who changes them often. However, the design is adapted to its target audience. The idea is great and the transparency about the team is eye-opening. For recruiters in the UK who think disability prevents workers from being efficient, just take a look at what the Evenbreak team has accomplished!
Login here for FREE to unlock access to the traffic audience, content and pricing section for more information on Evenbreak.
Additional job board information
Employers who understand the business case for employing disabled people advertise their roles on Evenbreak. Benefits include:
- Each job is branded with the employer's logo
- Each employer has their own profile page
- Candidates apply directly to the employer
- Evenbreak is the most accessible job board in the UK and will reach candidates that other job boards can't
- The jobs are also promoted through social media
- Regular emails are sent to our many thousands of registered candidates to highlight certain roles
- The jobs are also advertised on the websites of Disability Horizons and Action on Disability and Work UK for wider coverage
- Advertising on Evenbreak sends out a very powerful message about how inclusive you are as an employer
- Jobs stay on the board for up to 60 days
- Unlimited advertising is much more cost-effective for employers advertising more than 10 roles per month
We work with Broadbean and Logic Melon
We also promote jobs through social media and Indeed
Find out what JobboardFinder users think about this job board.
Leave your own opinion in a comment to guide other recruiters and jobseekers for their choice.