Craigslist jobs Presentation
Craigslist is a classified advertisements website with sections devoted to jobs, housing, personals, for sale, wanted items, services, community, gigs, résumés, and discussion forums.It has become one of the world’s most-visited websites with around 50 billion pages views per month.
It was started in 1995 San Francisco in the USA, but today is available in over 700 cities in over 70 countries. It was first created to let the community know about upcoming events in the local area but soon grew to include employers looking for employees. The website was launched in 1996 and included local events, jobs, and items for sale.
The site is adapted to each city, so you can only find things that are local to you. It automatically arrives on the site for the city nearest to your location when you search on Craigslist.org.
It is a classified ad site similar to Gumtree in the UK and Le Bon Coin in France.
Jobboard Finder’s opinion
Craigslist is a well known news classified advertisements website in the USA with a very minimalist design.
- The design of the site makes it look like a website from the 2000's.
- On the homepage, there is a enormous list of all the things you can find on Craigslist. There is also a long list of job categories and job contract types to choose from.
- You can search the job offers by using the search engine, or by employment type, recently published, nearby areas, and if the ad has an image
- Job offers' design is simple (no logo, just a black font and a white background).
- It's very easy to apply for a job and post a job as you don't need an account
- However at the very beginning when you enter the site, it will automatically detect your location and take you to your local site. This is very annoying and it's not easy to change and go to a different craigslist site.
- Another down side is the large number of inappropriate job offers available on this site.
- There is not much flagging on the site, so users can post whatever and it is not normally removed.
- This means that you have to search through a huge number of jobs that aren't suitable to find one that is.
Additional job board information
Local classifieds and forums - community moderated, and largely free.
Post a job
Do you need more information? Do you want to get a proposal?
Click here to get a proposal
Find out what JobboardFinder users think about this job board.
Leave your own opinion in a comment to guide other recruiters and jobseekers for their choice.
Do you know Craigslist jobs?Share your opinion on this site
1 review sorted by date
Great job site !
These articles mention this job board and/or the target country
How to recruit in the USA?
This week, we have decided to focus on a country that still attracts a lot of workers: the United States of America. Sometimes decried or considere...