The Austrian Public Employment Service (AMS) is Austria’s leading provider of labour-market related services. We match candidates with job openings and assist jobseekers and companies who turn to us by offering advice, information, qualification opportunities and financial assistance.
Within the framework of the Federal Government’s policy of full employment, the AMS renders a major contribution to preventing and eradicating unemployment in Austria. Commissioned by the Federal Ministry of Labour, Social Affairs and Consumer protection, the AMS assumes its role as an enterprise under public law in close cooperation with labour and employers’ organisations.
Jobboard Finder’s opinion
AMS is a very very popular Austrian job board:
- The site is available only in German, with a very small section of English, which is not great for international users
- However the site is quite difficult to navigate and the design is not very attractive
- On the homepage, there is a live stats update which tells you how many job offers are live on the site and how many users are logged in
- You cannot do a general search or an advanced search without adding a key word in the search engine and there is no option for a quick search
- Then you can narrow down the results using filters including: type of work, job sector, job title, education level, state and when it was published
- But there is no clear date of publication on the job offers, so we cannot tell if the offers are regularly updated
Additional job board information
The Department of Labor Market Research and Professional Information of the AMS Austria provides you with a comprehensive range of statistics on job-specific topics free of charge.
Regularly updated reports and prefabricated tables with monthly and annual data on employment, unemployment (including unemployment rates), job opportunities, apprenticeship market and much more provide a quick overview and for registered research facilities there is access to micro data.
The AMS Job APP makes the search for the right place as simple and flexible as never before - without registration and costs! With the smartphone or tablet, you always have easy access to more than 75,000 jobs from the AMS eJob-Room. After setting the search criteria, you immediately see how many of the available vacancies really fit you. The app saves searches, remembers found vacancies and can recommend them via message or via social networks. If desired, she also provides daily news about new jobs by means of push messages, or she can find jobs in your immediate vicinity with the roundabout search.
Post a job
Do you need more information? Do you want to get a proposal?
Click here to get a proposal
Find out what JobboardFinder users think about this job board.
Leave your own opinion in a comment to guide other recruiters and jobseekers for their choice.
Do you know AMS?Share your opinion on this site
These articles mention this job board and/or the target country
How to recruit in Austria?
Welcome to the land of Schubert, schnitzel and skiing; also known as Austria. Labelled as one of the world’s highest human development indexes an...