Computrabajo Escuador "Bolsa de Trabajo" is the main job board in Escuador with more than 3000 job offers online. We have more than 750 000 CV profiles in our Database.
In 2014 Redarbor acquired 70% of Computrabajo, while the remaining 30% was left in the hands of the founders.
Computrabajo.com is the leading employment website in Latin America.
Jobboard Finder’s opinion
Summary: Founded in 1999, Computrabajo comes from Edimbourg in Scottland, but was later bought by Red Arbor after 2013, and it is one of the most popular job boards in the Latin American region. In Ecuador, it is the 57th most visited website (with 1.60 million visits per month). They update their social media for their 199 250 Facebook followers and 10 800 Twitter followers. Much like Elempleo, they create cute videos with tips, but they only have a few right now. They offer a wide range of jobs, and courses for those who want to improve their chances of having the career they want.
Design: The backdrop is classy (a white office room) and the figures prove their professionalism as well as their success. You can choose to use the search engine (keywords and location) or look up jobs from a list of categories at the bottom of the page. There are many filters (the publication date, the salary, the type of contract, the type of hours, handicap friendly, the category, the region, the city) and the number of openings in brackets. Furthermore, you can sort the job offers by relevance, by date or by the salary. Each one displays the job title, the company name, a rating (if the company has one), the location, a logo and the publication date. The company pages all look the same, and the job offers are also rather standardized (including a description and requirements, an “about the company” section, ratings, the salary compared to other companies and information about the interview process). Similar jobs are listed below each job offer.
The job board objective: Computrabajo helps Ecuadorians find jobs and courses to ensure they end up in the right profession.
Recruiter observations: You need to write to the website to create an account. Later, if they cannot check your information, they do not validate your account.
Jobseeker observations: To create an account, you need to have a desired profession. They ask you for your marital status, nationality, desired salary and whether you are willing to relocate (among other things) and you cannot apply to job offers until all the information has been filled out. On the dashboard, they recommend courses and jobs. You can look up companies (with the top rated ones at the top of the list).
The job offers: Job offers can be urgent or recommended. There are currently 3 234 job offers on the website. According to the website, 800 job offers are actually a month old at least (not to mention that 1 500 are not accounted for). Sales is by far the most popular category, followed by telecommunications.
Reactivity: They answered relatively quickly but they were unhelpful, verging on rude.
Special features: Job offer ratings; company verification stamps; job alerts.
Verdict: Despite the trouble you might face when creating an account, Computrabajo is ultimately easier to use than some of the other Latin American job boards, and more reliable. If you manage to create an account, they have good visibility and clear information.
Written by Ali Neill
As the job board tester and blog editor for the Jobboard Finder, Ali works on job boards from all around the world and keeps a close eye on the recruitment trends thanks to a number of sources, including the website's social media pages.
Ecuador recruitment market status
Its an extremely competitive regional career market and the law here is to balance by hiring equal number of men and women and if the company has more than 25 employees, 4% atleast should be for disabled or for those who take care of disabled.
Additional job board information
Launch of the new website in November 2014
Part of the Computrabajo network : Computrabajo Mexico, Computrabajo Colombia,Computrabajo Peru, Computrabajo Argentina, Computrabajo Chile, Computrabajo Venezuela, Computrabajo Guatemala, Computrabajo Uruguay, Computrabajo Costa Rica...
Post a job
Do you need more information? Do you want to get a proposal?
Click here to get a proposal
Find out what JobboardFinder users think about this job board.
Leave your own opinion in a comment to guide other recruiters and jobseekers for their choice.
Do you know Computrabajo?Share your opinion on this site
1 review sorted by date
Computrabajo is one of the most efficient job board that i know in South America. I Highly recommend this media for all you recruitment campaigns in this area. Good experience.